Saturday, March 5, 2011

Bipasha Basu makes her debut!!!


Bipasha+Basu-
Actor Bipasha Basu has left everything aside to shoot her first international project Singularity, where she plays a pivotal role along with Chris Pine, Josh Hartnett, Bond girl Olga Kurylenko, Christopher Egan and Shane Briant. Sources say that Abhay Deol has also bagged a role in the film. The film will be directed by Roland Joffe, who has films like City of Joy, The Killing Fields to his credit.

When contacted, the dusky actor was in midst of packing her bags to fly off to Brisbane for the first shooting schedule of the film. “I bumped into Roland (Joffe) at Taj in Bandra around a month ago. I could barely say ‘hi’ to him as I had to rush back for a meeting. Later, I got a call from him saying that he liked my voice and would like me to do his film,” recalls Bipasha. “Unlike actors who are happy doing a small part in an international film, I knew that I wanted a pivotal role. And I am playing one of the lead characters in the film,” she adds.

Incidentally, the film was launched three years ago as The Invaders. However, the script has undergone a sea change since.Now called Singularity, the film is a historical romance set against the backdrop of the first Anglo-Maratha war in the 18th century.

“It’s an epic romance set across two time periods and continents — a British officer and his Indian lover in colonial India,and an American marine biologist and his lover, a researcher trapped in a wrecked British merchant ship. I would have liked to have a month to prepare for the film, but now will have to make do with only eight days,” said Bipasha. The film, slated to release in 2011, will be shot extensively in Australia and India.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithHot

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...