Friday, January 14, 2011

Emraan boycotts Award functions...

Emraan boycotts Award functions.. Calls it a circus…

Emraan Hashmi

Emraan Hashmi doesn’t seem to have much faith left in the Bollywood award shows held recently.
If you look at the list of the winners at the award shows held recently, you can’t help noticing one superstar bagging the Best Actor trophy while another given the Best Actor by Popular Choice award. Emraan Hashmi, who was also nominated for these awards for his performance in Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai, says these award shows are merely self congratulatory exercise for many Bollywood folks.

“If you see any award ceremony, they are pleasing everyone. There are three categories for every actor… it’s ridiculous… and three awards given to music. I really don’t want to be part of the circus. The whole industry goes and claps for it but I don’t want to be part of it,”
Emraan is quoted as saying by a news agency.
Aamir Khan is already known for his disdain for these popular award shows. He boycotts them without exception. Now, Emraan seems to be headed the same way.
“These award ceremonies really don’t make a difference to me. I have got my acclaim and awards from the audience… I don’t really see that (award functions) as something I ever really believed it. I generally don’t approve of these nominations,” Emraan is quoted as saying.
Emraan will be seen later this month in director Madhur Bhandarkar’s comedy film Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithHot

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...