Friday, January 7, 2011

KJO’s My Name Is Khan in the race...

KJO’s My Name Is Khan in the race for the 83rd Academy Awards…

My Name Is Khan

Shahrukh Khan and Kajol starring My Name Is Khan, has made its way to the prestigious 83rd Academy Awards to be held on Feb 27 2011.
Director Karan Johar’s take on a moderate Muslim’s long and arduous journey to meet the US President, through an Asperger’s patient Rizwan Khan, touched many a viewer with its message of peace, tolerance and mutual co-existence.
“’MNIK’ started off as a movement and it’s heartening to hear that today it’s in the broad list of films eligible to be in the running in all categories. I’m honoured that the film has that kind of acceptance level on a global platform,” Karan Johar is quoted as saying.
My Name Is Khan is the highest grossing film from Bollywood in the United States. On the other hand, if the Karan Johar production is able to secure an Academy Award, My Name Is Khan will also become the first film from the Hindi film industry to breakthrough at the final levels of the Oscars.
India’s official entry to Oscars this year is Aamir Khan’s production Peepli [Live], directed by Anusha Rizvi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithHot

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...